Friday, March 15, 2013

Playing catch up!


OK OK was busy making a Dresden Plate by the paper piecing method, some time back, found it to fussy and frustrated  me to no end trying to keep a perfect curve.   So to keep my sanity, l re-cut and altered the pieces.  Making the time to complete this quilt much more likely and quicker. Don't want another UFO to try and finish off sometime in my future way way down the track..  

 Purchased this fabric over a year ago to make up a luggage collection set which happen to co-inside with the Home Spun magazine putting out their  Project of the month (POM)  Waited for the Magazine to put out all their projects and then began to choose the ones l would be more likely to make.
Was taken with a few of their ideas, so l adapted the slipper pouch  making it larger.  I really like my Slipper pouch, l also added lace to girly things up a bit. Adding some pretty smelly stuff into the bottom as well.  Just to make things smell nice.....have to check on what is allowed.

5 comments:

  1. lovely work Maddy you have been busy,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dresden plate looks lovely Maddy. That was a smart idea changing the shape. Nice slipper bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I'm a little partial to dresdens... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in your dresden - I'm currently plotting my next project to include some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dresdebn quilts but haven't got brave enough to try one yet lol, beautiful colors in your block!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete